Chemicals, cosmetics and perfumes can all cloud the brilliance of a gemstone and dull the surface of gold, gold vermeil and sterling silver.
We recommend applying perfume and lotions well before putting on your jewellery. Jewellery should always be removed prior to showering, bathing and swimming.
How to clean your jewellery.
- Our gold is always 21k and our gold plated jewellery is on a base of 925 sterling silver. To clean gold jewellery buff VERY gently with a soft, dry 100% cotton cloth or microfibre cloth.
- NEVER use silver cloth or chemical cleaners on 18k gold vermeil jewellery as it can strip the gold finish.
- Gold jewellery will tarnish naturally over time and will acquire a patina that adds character to the item making it as individual as you are.
- Sterling silver jewellery can be cleaned very easily with a silver cloth but be sure to avoid contact with any stones and/or gold vermeil details.
- Taking proper care of your jewellery, keeping it dry and stored in an airtight container when not in use, will prolong the life and lustre of the finish.